Eternity rings are a beautiful symbol of never-ending love and commitment. But do you know how to wear an eternity ring? From choosing the right finger to pairing it with other jewelry, there are a few things to keep in mind including what occasion an eternity ring is most appropriate for. In this guide, we'll walk you through everything you need to know to wear your eternity ring with confidence and style.
What is an Eternity Ring & what do they mean?
An eternity ring is a powerful symbol of love, commitment, and infinity. The continuous band of precious stones, usually diamonds, encircles the finger in an unbroken circle, representing the unending nature of love and the eternal bond between two people.
Eternity rings have a rich and ancient history dating back over 4,000 years to Ancient Egypt. The earliest versions were made of bone, beads, and occasionally metal. The circular shape of the band, based on the symbol of infinity, represents the never-ending cycle of life.
How to Wear Eternity Ring?
When it comes to wearing an eternity ring, many people wonder about the best way to incorporate it with their engagement and wedding rings. Two of the most frequently asked questions are about the order in which to wear these rings and which finger is best for the eternity ring. Here are some tips to help you wear your rings with ease and elegance:
- Consider the Order: One traditional way to wear your rings is to place your engagement ring on your ring finger first, followed by your wedding ring, and finally your eternity ring. However, there's no one "right" way to wear your rings, so feel free to experiment with different orders until you find what works best for you.
- Choose the Finger: Eternity rings are most commonly worn on the ring finger of the left hand, alongside the engagement and wedding rings. However, you can also wear them on the right hand or stack them with other rings for a unique look.
- Think about Balance: When choosing the order and finger for your rings, consider the balance of the overall look. You may want to wear your eternity ring on the opposite hand from your engagement and wedding rings, or stack it with other rings on the same finger.
- Mix and Match: Don't be afraid to mix and match different styles and metals to create a unique and personalized look. Whether you choose to wear your rings in a traditional or unconventional way, the most important thing is to wear them with love and pride.
What makes Eternity Rings different from other Rings?
Eternity rings are different from other rings in several ways. The most obvious difference is their design, which features a continuous band of diamonds or other precious stones. This unique design represents never-ending love and commitment, making it a popular choice for engagement and wedding rings. It represents the inexhaustible nature of love and the eternal bond between two people.
In addition to their design, eternity rings are often more intricate and detailed than other rings, with carefully crafted settings and stones. They are also typically made of high-quality metals and diamonds or other precious stones, making them both beautiful and durable.
What Occasions are Eternity Rings for?
Eternity rings are often given to mark significant milestones or occasions, particularly those related to love and commitment. Here are some of the most common occasions for which eternity rings are given:
- Weddings: Eternity rings are a popular choice for wedding rings, either on their own or with an engagement ring.
- Anniversaries: Eternity rings are often given as gifts to celebrate wedding anniversaries, particularly significant milestones such as the 10th, 25th, or 50th anniversary.
- Birthdays: An eternity ring can also be the right gift for a birthday, especially one celebrating the beginning of a new decade.
- Motherhood: Eternity rings symbolize the unending love that mothers have for their children, which is one of the most popular gifts for new mothers.
- Graduation: An eternity ring can also be given to celebrate academic achievements such as earning a degree or obtaining a special certification.
How to Choose an Eternity Ring
Choosing an eternity ring is an important decision, as it's a symbol of everlasting love and commitment. Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect eternity ring:
Step 1: Decide on the Style
Eternity rings come in a variety of styles, from classic and traditional to modern and unique. Consider your personal style and taste, as well as any existing rings you have, when choosing the style of your eternity ring.
Step 2: Choose the Metal
Eternity rings are often made of white gold, yellow gold, rose gold, or platinum. Consider which metal complements your skin tone and matches your other jewelry.
Step 3: Select the Stones
Eternity rings can feature diamonds, other precious gemstones, or a combination of both. Consider the cut, color, and clarity of the stones, as well as the total carat weight.
Step 4: Decide on the Setting
Eternity rings can be set in a variety of ways, from prong settings that allow maximum light to shine through the stones, to channel settings that protect the stones from damage. Consider which setting will best showcase the beauty of your stones.
Step 5: Think about the Band Width
Eternity rings come in different band widths, from thin and delicate to wide and substantial. Consider the size of your fingers and the overall balance of your stacking ring when choosing the width of your eternity ring.
Step 6: Consider your Budget
Eternity rings can vary in price depending on the metal, stones, and overall design. Determine your budget before you start shopping to ensure you find a ring that fits both your style and your budget.
Our Colection of Eternity Links
Malibu Vibes Jewelry offers a collection of diamond eternity rings to suit a variety of styles and budgets.
14k Stacking Diamond Eternity Ring - $985.00 USD
Petite Eternity Stacking Diamond Ring - $259.00 USD
14k Gold Diamond Full Eternity Ring - $1,095.00 USD
Can you Propose with an Eternity Ring?
Eternity rings have become a popular choice due to their intricate designs and multiple stones. Additionally, some couples may choose to have an eternity ring as an initial proposal, then later select the perfect engagement ring together. Ultimately, the choice of ring to propose with is a personal one, and what matters most is selecting a ring that is meaningful and special to you and your partner.